Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Shameless Brewery Plug


Here's a quick tip for beer afficianados passing through Albuquerque: You simply must stop in at the Chama River Brewing Co. (pictured above). My husband and I have rapidly converted to the status of "regulars". While we're not quite as enamored with the food (which is good but not amazing), we LOVE the beer. We love it so much, we want to marry it! (Okay, we're already married, but polygamy with a bottle of the most delicious beer doesn't sound too bad. We could move to Utah...)
Anyway, returning to the subject, the standard menu beers (all brewed on location) are good solid choices, but the best beers are the rotating seasonals. Last night we tried the double IPA (hoppalicious!) at a whopping 8.5% alcohol, and the ESB, also very good.
My all time favorite is the pumpkin ale, but I've got to make it until autumn to try that one again. Pumpkin spice just doesn't seem right on a beautiful spring day, when one should be sampling a hefeweizen with fresh lemon. Here's another good tip: Wednesday night is pint night and all pints (except a few special ones) are $2. Where else can you find a deal like that?
While you're there, try the cheese & ale fondue appetizer. Last night, it seemed like everyone was ordering it. And when is cheese ever wrong? I can't think of a single occasion.
Chama is located on the west side of I-25, just south of the Montgomery/Montano exit on the southbound frontage road. Until I learn to brew my own, I will be hanging out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter