Sunday, March 05, 2006

Fancy Shmancy Cocktail Sauce

I felt like a crazy cajun chef in the kitchen tonight. I had the zydeco music cranking. I was dancing around the kitchen with the dog. And we were having scallops and corn on the cob. A bit eclectic, but it was what we had in the fridge. I needed a marinade/sauce for the scallops. I found a recipe for "barbecue" sauce for scallops, and decided to go for that. Of course, we were missing half of the ingredients, so I improvised. After tasting it, I decided that it would make a much better cocktail sauce (for shrimp, or whatever else you like to eat with this sort of zesty tomato-based sauce). I like my scallops rich and buttery, sans zip. But it was not bad. Here's my recipe. Sounds weird but tastes delish!

1/4 c. ketchup
1 T. lime juice
1 T. raspberry preserves
2 T. orange fruit spread (ours is from Trader Joe's... now in Albuquerque. Yeehaw!)
1 T. bottled teriyaki sauce
1 T. horseradish sauce
1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper

Mix everything together and serve with chilled shrimp (cooked, of course) or whatever you fancy.

Try it and post your evaluations!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter