Monday, October 31, 2005

Even the plane is turquoise!

You have probably heard of the amazing turquoise blue waters in the South Pacific. No photograph could ever do them justice. But even more charming is the way that Tahiti Nui airlines has decked out their fleet in the same tropical hues, preparing you for oceanic bliss before you even arrive.

Our first stop was the Sheraton hotel, just outside of Papeete, Tahiti. It was a very nice way to start the vacation, but in all honesty, did not remotely compare to what remained ahead. We got on the plane the next day, bound for Bora Bora. A short stop in Moorea, no more than 5 minutes away from Tahiti, allowed us to pick up dozens of other honeymooners, filling the plane to capacity. We also flew past Raiatea and Tahaa (please refer to map in previous blog entry). The sights were spectacular, like nothing I have ever seen.


The approach into Moorea.

Leaving Moorea, and the houses below.

Raiatea.

Raiatea and Tahaa.

I know, I know. You are salivating for pictures of Bora Bora. But alas, dear reader, I must keep you dangling for yet another installment of the Adventures in Bora Bora. Stay tuned...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

17 days and nothing new. What kind of blogger are you?
Bora Bora looks incredible; and it's almost as fun to say as Kuala Lumpur!

I will have pics and notes from Bhutan and Thailand up shortly.

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Murphey!

Congratulations on getting married!

I stumbled on your blog while doing a search for Bora Bora. I will be going there as well on my honeymoon in two weeks.

I hope you'll put up some photos soon so I can get an idea of what it's like.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Web Site Counter